12 Jan SLINGSHOT – BEST OF THE BUILDERS
Develop and execute an integrated brand program for Polaris Slingshot that achieved the following:
- Increase broad consumer awareness
- Reach key customer segmentations, such as multicultural and women
- Convey the vehicle’s unique platform of self-expression through customization
The Brand Amp developed the Slingshot Best of the Builders program, which challenged two renowned customizers to transform the 2020 Slingshot SL into the embodiment of their own personality. The program allowed fans of the builders, celebrities and the Slingshot community to vote on which team, representing the East and West Coast, would take home the Best of the Builders honors. Partnering on the East Coast was Pop Superstar Teyana Taylor and The Auto Firm, featuring Alex Vega. From the West Coast, Legendary Drummer Travis Barker teamed up with DUB Magazine to customize his vehicle. The campaign unfolded across a breadth of Slingshot’s owned marketing channels, while tapping into to new audiences through the builders’ and celebrities’ social media channels.
The Brand Amp called upon all of its in-house disciplines to execute a truly integrated marketing program.
- Program Management
- Influencer identification, negotiation and execution
- Development of a Robust Content Series + Onsite Photo Shoot including five fully-produced videos: Launch, West Coast & East Coast Design, West Coast & East Coast Reveal
- Proactive Media Relations to automotive, motorcycle, lifestyle, music and culture media
- Brokering & executing an integrated media partnership (media buy) with exclusive partner, DUB Magazine.
- Organic social media campaigns
- Website wireframe design
Slingshot’s Best of the Builders: East vs. West, successfully reached a diverse audience, through content, media relations and social media, while establishing a meaningful conversation amongst a broad range of consumers including the Slingshot community.
- Garnered 65M media impressions to diverse media outlets, including exclusives with Inked Magazine, Amo Mamma, Men’s Journal and UPROXX.
- Elevated social feed telling a robust brand story with diverse content including long-form videos, teaser videos, GIFs, photos and more
- Above average social audience engagement
- Vehicle unveil videos performed 227% above average
- Garnered 5.1 million social impressions
- High engagement performance on influencer channels
- Increased web traffic and viewing time on Slingshot Customs’ Webpage
- Pageview Traffic increased by 1,094%
- Page Viewing Time increased by 290% to approximately 16 minutes
- Bounce Rate decreased by 48%